The Geelong College is a significant employer in Geelong, Victoria. The College consists of three Schools, all located close to the beautiful Barwon River and within 1.5 kms of each other.
The College offers a diverse and interesting range of employment and career opportunities for teachers, administration, communication, finance and facilities professionals as well as grounds and maintenance experts and apprentices, academic and sporting coaches and boarding roles.
The College has a strong sense of community for all staff with many opportunities to participate in the broader life of the College. Learning, innovation and technology are at the forefront of many aspects of the roles. Teamwork and collegiality amongst all staff is encouraged and nurtured through development activities, staff events and pastoral opportunities.
As a member of staff at the College, you can expect to receive;
- A salary commensurate with your experience and skill level, governed by the applicable Enterprise Agreement or Award
- Ongoing professional development, learning and skill growth
- Genuine care and interest in your wellbeing with programs and events to support this
- Inclusion and the opportunity to play a role in relevant College activities and events
- Regular communication about College events and activities
- Opportunity to participate in well-being programs
- Honest and meaningful feedback about your performance
- Access to a generous parental leave program (where applicable)
- Access to salary sacrifice arrangements (where applicable)
In return, the College expects all members of staff to be engaged, productive and collaborative in all that they undertake. Staff must be open to receiving feedback, strive for continuous improvement and be prepared to go above and beyond to ensure the highest quality of service delivery every day. There is a requirement that all staff members respect the values, traditions and Christian ethos of the School.
The Geelong College warmly welcomes your interest and application for positions advertised. A selection panel of staff independently review all applications and determine a shortlist for interview. All candidates for roles will be notified of their success or otherwise with regards to their application. We acknowledge that making an application for a role can be a time of excitement and anxiousness as you await an outcome. We will always endeavour to respond to queries promptly.
Our externally-offered positions available are advertised on our website and at seek.com.au. Additionally, many of our senior positions and teaching roles are also advertised in The Age and / or The Australian employment section.
All applications should include;
- Your resume
- Letter of introduction / cover letter
- Reference to the selection criteria listed in the position description
- Three referees