Bus Travel

In addition to the public transport options available The College runs dedicated bus services to and from Colac, Williamstown/Werribee/Sanctuary Lakes, Torquay/Jan Juc and Ocean Grove/Barwon Heads in order to transport students more quickly and efficiently. From Monday to Thursday there is also a late sports bus to Barwon Heads/Ocean Grove and Torquay/Jan Juc to transport students with After School Sports training home.

The routes and times for the Geelong College Private Bus service are below for you to download:

03 Torquay Bus
For more information on bus travel please contact our Bus Co-ordinator on (03) 5226 3773 or via email at buscoordinator@geelongcollege.vic.edu.au.

Please note the Bus Co-ordinator is now located at Davey House, 150 Noble St. If you need to lodge a form or have an enquiry please present at reception at Davey House.

Myki travelers

Some Geelong College Students will need to travel to school using Public Transport. Students aged 17 years and over, or those requiring a half yearly or yearly Student Pass (regardless of age), are required to obtain a 2015 Victorian Public Transport (VPT) Student Concession Card as proof of their concession entitlement.

Application forms are available from train stations or download it here.The cost of the concession pass is $9.00.

Both Myki cards and Concession cards must be carried at time of travel.  Students may be fined if they cannot produce passes on request. School Id cards will not be accepted.

If you are a primary or secondary student and wishing to travel on the V-Line transport system you will need a Student Concession Card. The card provides great savings for regular travelers.

16 years and under

If you are a student aged 16 and under (and don't travel with a Student Pass) you can travel on concession fares. You do not need a concession card.

If you wish to use the student pass, then you must also have a Victorian Public Transport Concession Card.

17 years and over

If you are a student aged 17 and over, or 17 and younger and wish to use a student pass, you must carry a valid concession card.

Travelling with a student pass

If you are a primary or secondary student travelling with a Victorian Student Pass or Regional Transit Student Pass, you must also have a Victorian Public Transport Student Concession Card with your pass number endorsed on your concession card. The pass and concession card must be carried at all times when travelling.

Student Concession Cards are generally only available to Australian citizens and permanent residents.

VPT Student Concession Card

If you are a primary or secondary school student travelling with a student pass you must have a VPT Student Concession Card. A VPT concession card is also a valid concession card for students aged 17 years and over.

If you are on a Protected Special Category Visa (PSCV) please contact PTV on 1800 800 007 (6am to midnight daily) for further information on how to apply for a VPT Student Concession Card.